- Uganda lifted certain COVID-19 restrictions, including opening Entebbe International Airport on October 1 and all land borders, allowing schools to re-open on October 15 for the candidate classes, permitting places of worship to gather, and allowing open-air sport activities to resume without spectators.
- On November 9, the Ministry of Health issued further updates relaxing restrictions, including allowing gatherings of no more than 200 persons provided masks are worn and social distancing of 2 meters is followed. Cinemas, gyms, and massage parlors have been permitted to open while casinos and gaming centers are restricted to operating between the hours of 6:30am to 7:00pm. Bars and dance halls remain closed.
- The curfew (2100h-0600h) remains in place. Motorcycle taxi (boda boda) drivers must cease their movements by 1800h.
- On November 24, the Ministry of Health issued new guidelines regarding COVID-19 testing required for both inbound and outbound travel to Uganda including a requirement that tests be taken at an approved facility within 120 hours of departure.
- Are PCR and/or antigen tests available for foreign citizens in Uganda? Yes
- If so, are test results reliably available within 72 hours? Yes
- A number of health facilities in Kampala offer COVID-19 testing. For a full list of accredited laboratories and approved sample collection points, please visit the Ministry of Health’s website. Travelers are expected to cover all costs associated with their COVID-19 test. Average cost for testing is UGX 350,000.
- Delivery of test results may be via email, text message (i.e. a PDF send via WhatsApp) or physical copy. Make sure to confirm a delivery method that suits your needs before selecting a company/lab to conduct the test. It is recommended to bring a printed copy of your test results with you to the airport; an electronic copy may not be accepted.
- A COVID RDT Antigen test can be done next to the airport in Entebbe at the Kazuri Medical clinic (+256 0702 199 000 / +256 0787 199 788, Plot 168 Kampala Road, Katabi, Entebbe). The antigen test takes 15 minutes and costs 50 USD, certified results are provided onsite. For more information about travelling to Uganda, visit Apes Booking Vacations Uganda at; www.apesbookingvacations.com